The Barn at Silver Oaks Estate endeavors to uphold its stellar reputation as one of the premier wedding and event destinations in New England.
Our family owned and managed business is committed to success.
Where other companies might measure their success in quarters, we measure them in generations.
We at Silver Oaks are guided by the following principles;
- Be of high moral character and integrity
- Treat people as we would expect to be treated
- Always be honest, fair, and consistent with everyone
- Follow all Federal, State & Local laws, statutes and ordinances without exception
- Offer priority opportunities to local vendors for servicing our events
- Utilize local service providers, contractors and professionals for our business needs
- Give back to our community via donations to local Schools, Churches & Charities
The Barn at Silver Oaks strives for excellence in everything we do.
We are a professional & dedicated event facility, not merely someone’s backyard, that just happens to have a space to rent.
Weddings and Events are what we do! We have the experience and the know-how to create events that are both breathtaking and memorable.
Our preferred vendors list is something we take very seriously. We will not work with unscrupulous or inexperienced businesses. We screen all of our vendors with excruciating detail. These vendors will ultimately be a reflection of Silver Oaks, so who we refer to you is of paramount importance to us as well.
We are proud to be making such a positive impact on our local economy. (This is how we are making a difference)
- Area establishments, such as hotels, restaurants and shops have seen a tremendous increase in traffic from our events.
- Local area vendors, for example; photographers, caterers, florists, musicians, rental companies, bartenders, disc jockeys, wedding planners & bakers have flourished from contracts for events.
We strive to keep the impact on our neighborhood minimal.
- Silver Oaks strictly adheres to all municipal noise & fireworks ordinances.
- Our in-house security team ensures the safety of all of our guests.
- Parking attendants ensure safe parking practices avoiding “on road” or “off property parking.”
- Vendors are all licensed & insured as required by State & Local Statutes & Ordinances.
We care for our environment.
- We have planted hundreds of plants & shrubs specifically to increase food and habitat for pollinators such as birds, bats, bees, butterflies, beetles, and other small mammals that pollinate plants which are responsible for bringing us one out of every three bites of food.
- We have planted dozens of mature, native, hardwood trees in an effort to cleanse the air and water. What was once a deserted, unkempt lot, is now a diverse sanctuary for people and animals alike.
- The impact on the property is also very minimal as the property is only used 1-2 times per week and only during the seasonal months.
- We utilize 100% LED lighting in our facility, inside and out to reduce our already low carbon footprint.
- Our wastewater, both greywater from sinks and black water from restrooms, is captured in commercial, above ground holding tanks and is pumped out weekly in an effort to keep our groundwater and our lake water 100%wastewater free from leaching.
Safety is always a priority for all of our staff and guests.
- Designated Handicapped parking is available for those in need.
- Wheelchair accessible restroom is on site
- A six-person golf cart and dedicated driver is assigned to those needing extra assistance
- Professionally trained security team is onsite during all events to ensure the safety of all in attendance.
- The Barn at Silver Oaks Estate is the only Barn Wedding venue in Maine, with a Certified, Professionally installed Fire Suppression, (sprinkler), system, as required by the Maine State Fire Marshall. This system is inspected & certified annually.